Mountain biking remains prohibited throughout the American River Parkway outside of the Woodlake and Cal Expo areas. The planning for the pilot program began with a public workshop with the American River Parkway Advisory Committee that received public comment and discussion in February 2016.
The purpose of the pilot is to determine whether Off-Paved Trail Cycling can be an appropriate permanent use in the American River Parkway. After the three year trial period and evaluation, this pilot program may be made a permanent use with an Area Plan Map Amendment approved by the Board of Supervisors.
Pilot trail map:
- Communicate your presence
- Cyclists and hikers yield to equestrians
- Stay on designated trails
- Building features on trails is prohibited
- No riding on wet trails
- Obey all signs and barriers
- Off-paved cycling is prohibited in the Parkway outside of the Woodlake and Cal Expo areas
- Skill level: Easy
- Average grade: </=5%
- Obstacles: infrequent and insubstantial
To see the original press release from Sacramento County, CLICK HERE.