- No open fires, campfires or charcoal fires are allowed on Tahoe National Forest lands outside of designated areas, even with a valid California Campfire Permit, except within the oven at Wheeler Sheep Camp.
- Lanterns and portable stoves using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel are allowed, unless otherwise restricted, with a valid California Campfire Permit available from Forest Service offices during business hours and atwww.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit.
- No possessing or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device, including explosives.
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, or designated recreation site.
- Internal combustion engines are restricted to National Forest System roads, trails, and areas, as identified on the Tahoe National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map (including the Prosser Pits Developed Off-Highway Vehicle Area). Motorized cross-country travel between roads, trails, and areas is prohibited.
Those with a valid 2016 wood cutting permit must obey fire restrictions and cut firewood in compliance with the terms of their permit.
Questions about fire restrictions, designated recreation sites, motor vehicle use and firewood cutting on the Tahoe National Forest may be directed to local Tahoe National Forest Service offices including: Supervisor’s Office, (530) 265-4531; American River Ranger District (Foresthill), (530) 367-2224; Sierraville Ranger District, (530) 994-3401; Truckee Ranger District, (530) 587-3558; and Yuba River Ranger District (Camptonville), (530) 288-3231.
If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by dialing 911.
The Tahoe National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Map is available for free at any Tahoe National Forest office and at: www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe.
Information regarding private land fire restrictions, regulated by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, is available at: http://www.fire.ca.gov/.
For more Tahoe National Forest information, go to www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/Tahoe_NF and “Like” us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TahoeNF.
To see the original posting CLICK HERE.