The renovation project will include:
- New interpretive panels that highlight the area’s historic, natural and cultural resources.
- ADA accessible walkways to the swim beach.
- New stairway access to the beach.
- A new restroom facility.
- A new paddle sport concession facility and Junior Lifeguard facility.
- Improved picnic facilities with picnic tables, shade ramadas, barbecues, trashcans, and additional group picnic sites.
- Converting an existing gravel area into additional paved parking.
The renovation project is expected to last through October 2020 and will impact access to the swim beach area and day-use parking facilities in the western portion of the park.
Those areas not impacted will be the launch ramp, main parking area, horse assembly area, group campground facilities and trail access to the American River Bike Trail.
For questions about this project, please contact California State Parks’ Gold Fields District Office at (916) 988-0205
CLICK HERE to see announcement from Folsom Lake State Recreation area webpage.