The 2017 Tahoe National Forest Photo Contest. We're looking for your best photographs of the Tahoe National Forest! Possible subjects: wilderness; wildlife and plants; recreation; rivers and lakes; fire lookouts; landscapes; or whatever moves you! The prize for first place is two nights in the restored, historic U.S. Forest Service Sardine Fire Lookout. Second and third place winners will be treated to a guided tour on the Rock Creek Nature Trail in the spring.
WHEN:Photographs can be submitted starting June 21--the first day of summer--and continuing through September 30, 2017. Winners will be announced in October 2017.
WHO:Anyone can enter (except for current Tahoe National Forest employees)
Photos must be taken on the Tahoe National Forest
HOW:How to Submit a Photo:
- Submit photos by email to: email@example.com with “Tahoe National Forest 2017 Photo Contest” in the subject line.
- Submit photos in JPEG format. Image quality must be high resolution (at least 300 dpi) with one side at least 3000 pixels.
- Provide a title and location of the photo.
- Only submit photos you yourself have taken.
- Photos must be received by September 30, 2017.
- Heavily alter or manipulate photos. Limited modifications are allowed with the intent and effect of producing a more natural looking and accurate photograph. Photo techniques such as HDR or long exposures are accepted.
- Break any laws or rules of federal lands.
- Anything unsafe.
- Photograph anything that is inappropriate, indecent or obscene.
- Add watermarks or logos.
- Enjoy the Tahoe National Forest!
- Submit your best photos.
- Tell your friends!
Read the full contest rules here!
Click here to print a Contest Flyer!
Go to the main Tahoe National Forest Photo Contest page HERE.
Photo 3rd place winner from 2016