- All fireworks are prohibited in Regional Parks.
- Smoking is only allowed in developed picnic areas, asphalt surfaces, golf courses and on levee tops in the American River Parkway.
- Open flame fires are not allowed and barbequing is only permitted in designated picnic areas.
- Life Looks Good On You—and so does a life vest! Before you dive in, put on a life vest. local fire stations. Remember, even the strongest swimmer can be pulled under by the strong river currents.
- Kids Don’t Float—but life vests do. Make sure your child wears a life vest. Sacramento County ordinance requires any child under 13 to wear a life vest before accessing any public waters (Sacramento County Ordinance 13.08.301). Bring a life vest for each of your children to the river or borrow one from the stations along the Sacramento’s waterways and at local fire stations.
- Sacramento County recommends that people of all ages and abilities use caution when swimming or boating. Visit the Sacramento County’s Department of Regional Parks website about water safety tips.
County Rangers will also continue to enforce the year-round alcohol restrictions from Paradise Beach to Discovery Park.Parking Fee Increase:The number of visitors to Regional Parks dramatically increases during holiday weekends, which increases the cost to staff and maintain the parks. To offset these costs and to provide maximum staffing and enforcement, the vehicle entrance fee will increase to the following at all County parks:
- $8 for single vehicles
- $13 for oversized vehicles and vehicles towing watercraft
The bike trail at Hagan Community Park will be closed July 3-4 for fireworks safety.
Visit the Sacramento County Regional Parks website for more information. For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
Help keep our parks clean by picking up your trash. Call 3-1-1 to report, non-emergency or maintenance issues.