1. BLM’s predecessor helped homesteaders settle the American west.
2. BLM oversees 245 million surface acres of public lands for the American people.
3. BLM’s oil and gas program is a boon for the U.S. economy.
4. BLM firefighters protect public lands, wildlife neighboring communities from the threat of wildfires.
5. Many BLM-managed public lands serve as outdoor laboratories, allowing students to discover the ancient world through real artifacts.
6. Awesome recreational activities abound on BLM-managed public lands.
7. Public lands power American homes and businesses.
8. BLM’s grazing program helps support healthy range lands.